Monday 29 April 2019

My Holiday

At the end of school Friday I had to go on a wananga with my cousin till Sunday. In the wananga we had to row our waka around the Waikare river. We were out in the water for 3 to 4 hours rowing non stop. After that we went to Waikare school to have a little play around then went back to Waikare marae. When we went back we had a lovely feed and dessert then straight into haka practice to 1 in the morning. Then on Sunday we went to this tangi at Otiria marae then left to the college pools for my cousins 3 birthday. Then I had a family reunion down at this place called Pukekohe down in Auckland. We went down on Tuesday to Saturday. Then had to go with my cousin padrae to do some kapa haka at simpson parkin Moerewa. Then on Thursday there was ANZAC day and we had to march to the War Memorial In the Kawakawa. Then the rest of the holiday was just staying home.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora bro. I just read your writing about your holiday. I think it was an alright piece of writing but it does need some work. I haven't been on a wananga so that was cool to know about. How did you feel after rowing the waka for 4 hours? How did you feel after your kapa haka? Just remember to stay on task and do your mahi. Anyway thanks for blogging.

    Fonz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Daniel my name is Dalton. I am a year 7 at Paihia School. I like your writing about your holiday, how you went to a wananga with your cousin till Sunday. I like how you had to row the waka to Waikare School for a little play on the park. I think you need capital letters on some words like School. I like how you marched to the War Memorial In the Kawakawa. Keep up that good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete